“Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability.”Anne M. Mulcahy, Former CEO, XeroxWhile office space matters more than you think, your business’s most important asset is your people. To help them feel valued and give you and your customers 100%, the importance of the working environment shouldn’t be underestimated.
To avoid the pitfalls of poor planning Officeworks offers its clients a free Expert Walkthrough – a no obligation office layout and design assessment service which is designed to lay the foundations for a successful office refurbishment or relocation project.
Benefits of our free workplace assessment
Your Expert Walkthrough will be carried out by one of our highly experienced directors who will visit your existing workplace and meet with you to understand what you are trying to achieve with your current office space, and what your specific challenges are. Typical challenges that we successfully address are:
- Branding and messaging
- Staff attraction, retention, development, engagement and morale
- Collaboration and communication internally and externally
- Workflow efficiencies and staff productivity
- Client, customer and business partner perspectives and experience
We can help you identify the shortcomings and opportunities of your existing workspace and the implications, limitations and adaptability of any office refurbishment you might be considering.
What does our free workplace assessment involve?
Our free three-hour Expert Walkthrough considers the key workspace functional and environmental factors:
- Noise – staff can lose as much as 86 minutes per day due to sound distractions
- Heat – maintaining the correct office temperature is not only a legal obligation but also affects productivity
- Light – poor lighting can result in eyestrain leading to absenteeism and lower productivity
- Furniture – badly designed workstations can lead to musculoskeletal disorders and lost working days due to sickness. Officeworks partner Tim Hanwell is aqualified osteopath who can give expert advice.
- Space – An optimised office layout can increase productivity and boost employee engagement
- Customer Experience – first impressions count and the look and feel of your office can influence how your customers perceive you
From our experience across a range of projects we have found that by taking advantage of our Expert Walkthough office design assessment clients not only achieve their vision with regard to their office space but also overcome issues relating to staff wellbeing, happiness and ultimately productivity.